While you have more flexibility and control over your working hours as a member of the float pool compared to a staff position, you will be expected to work according to your FTE each pay period. This includes working two weekend shifts per pay period (8 or 12 hour required).
The Float Pool staff members will be scheduled in a holiday rotation using the same process as the rest of the staff positions in the similar job title (CNA, MedAide40, Care Partner, LPN, or RN).
Self Scheduling in Smart Square:
The expectation for Float Pool staff members is to self schedule within the allotted timeframe using iChoice in Smart Square. When the schedule is available in Smart Square, you will select your shifts in accordance with your FTE. You will have a 7 day window to select your shifts. If your FTE is not met, open shifts will be selected for you. This may include a non-preferred off shift, additional weekend shifts or holiday shifts.
- Must maintain an FTE status of 0.9 or above.
- If a Float Pool staff member repeatedly fails to select shifts meeting his/her FTE within the 7 day time period, he/she may be subject to a Personal Improvement Plan (PIP) process and potentially lose his/her position in the Float Pool.
- Float Pool staff members are expected to improve their skills and maintain their competencies.
- Float Pool staff members will be subject to periodic performance evaluation surveys completed by Team Leads or Supervisory staff from shifts and locations in which the Float Pool staff member has worked.
- Float Pool staff member will orient to all shifts in which he/she will be working.
- Orientation checklist must be signed by the trainer and kept on-site in the Float Pool member’s personnel file.Float Pool staff members are eligible for benefits under the same eligibility requirements of a staff position. Float Pool staff members will be eligible for a pay premium to compensate for their clinical and location flexibility. In addition to the pay premium, Float Pool staff members will be eligible to receive shift differential pay for working nights, weekends and holidays under the same eligibility requirements as staff positions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Participates in assessments. Partners with family and team to best meet resident needs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of individualized care planning.
- Assists with personal care for an assigned group of residents.
- Seeks direction and reports resident change in condition. Performs clinical procedures within scope of policies, procedures and licensure requirements.
- Partners with dietary team to assured individualized meals and snacks.
- Partners with environmental team to assure clean and safe residence.
- Partners with recreational, pastoral and wellness teams to assure participation in resident selected activities.
Administrative & Compliance
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs.
- Complies with all internal/external regulations, policies and procedures. Understanding and practice of quality standards and HIPAA regulations. Supports continuous improvement.
- Makes entries in the EMR consistent with and limited to the scope of job duties and applicable licensure.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in meetings, training and continuing education programs.
- Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.