The role of the LPN is a support position within Immanuel. The LPN will provide support to the Assisted Living Manager and Assisted Living Supervisor to ensure the best possible service and care for its Assisted Living residents. The primary responsibilities of this job includes carrying out the direction of the AL Manager or AL Supervisor, ensuring physician’s orders and pharmacy orders are clear and accurate, and providing resident needs as indicated. Monitors health care tracking systems and audits performed in the department. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
· Reviews processing of physicians’ orders for accuracy and completeness before signing off. If incomplete, ensures follow up is done with physician’s office until orders are complete.
· Contacts physician’s office or receives calls from physician on behalf of the resident regarding appointments, health care concerns, requests, or other matters and acts as a liaison with resident.
· Communicates with pharmacy regarding orders, delivery, errors or omissions.
· Coordinates, or assists AL Manager/AL Supervisor/RN Consultant with move in or move out of residents. Communicates with hospital or skilled care/rehabilitation center in regard to admission or discharge planning for residents who must move to and from one of these facilities.
· Ensures accuracy of Personalized Service Plans for residents.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-