Weekend availability is needed
8 or 10 hour shifts available
Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for providing and assisting participants with activities of daily living, restorative and supportive care necessary to the preservation of the home environment. Assists in monitoring and reporting the health status and providing a safe environment for the participants of Immanuel Pathways. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Requirements of Job:
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
70% Participant Care & Assistance
o Personal hygiene such as skin, mouth, hair care and bathing.
o Assists participants in and out of bed assisting with ambulation.
o Assists with prescribed exercise which participants and aide have been taught by appropriate personnel.
o Prepares meals, including therapeutic diets, assists participants with meals.
o Assists participants to the bathroom or in using commodes, bedpans, or urinals.
o Assists participants with medications which are ordinarily self-administered.
o Other duties taught by a health profession for a specific participant such as: taking of vitals, changing colostomy bags, changing of non-sterile dressing and non-sterile bowel and bladder hygiene care.
10% Policies & Procedures
Follows policies and procedures of Immanuel Pathways through:
5% Safety Standards
Follows safety policies and guidelines through:
Perform other duties as required or requested
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of principles, practices standards and techniques of a C.N.A.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of how to use and maintain medical equipment.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office)