Purpose of the Job:
Implements recreational therapy programs and activities to improve the functioning of participants who have a wide variety of physical, cognitive, social and emotional needs under the clinical supervision of a Certified Recreational Therapist. This position is responsible for completing participant assessments, care plan documentation including developing/tracking goals and interventions as assigned. The responsibilities of this job include assisting with planning, developing, marketing, and implementing events, programs and activities for participants. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Compliance & Documentation
· Serves as back-up and functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) when recreational therapist is not present. Maintains regular attendance at, and participates in, Interdisciplinary Team meetings; communicates participant changes, collaborates on plan of care decisions and coordination for 24-hour care delivery.
· As directed by the Recreational Therapist, the Activity Coordinator I is responsible for updating and maintaining assigned EMR’s care plan updates including developing/tracking goals and interventions.
· Monitors operations to ensure consistent compliance with established quality assurance standards.
· Participates regularly in all quality assurance/quality improvement committees as part of the overall quality improvement program.
· Acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice.
· Monitors Immanuel Pathways’ operational compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and agency policies and procedures.
· Protects privacy and maintains confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about, employees, participants, clients or families.
· Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings. Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
· Establishes positive working relationships with health and social service providers.
· Carries out the plan of care as directed.
· Responsible for daily management of Tru-Chart scheduling and care plan interventions.
· Performs related duties as required or requested.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-