Purpose of the Job:
The overall purpose of this job is to ensure high-quality food is prepared, apportioned, and presented in an appealing manner to residents. The responsibilities of this job include all types of food preparation, including yet not limited to baking, grilling, stove-top and oven cooking; and cleaning the kitchen. The incumbent may be assigned to oversee progress of cooks’ abilities, kitchen projects, or certain aspects of food preparation in the kitchen. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
· Prepares food following recipes and special dietary restrictions.
· Maintains safety of work areas.
· Maintains stock in kitchen and food prep areas.
· Assists with food prep as needed.
· Follows all procedures and regulations as written by management.
· May oversee special projects or areas of food preparation for individual development.
· Trains, coaches, and monitors progress of new cooks.
· Ensures cooks are completing their tasks in a timely and thorough manner.
· Communicates any changes/information with Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-